I’m a freelance software engineer and web developer with over 14 years experience developing web applications and web services with PHP and Java.
I’ve been developing for the web since 1997, that’s 20 years of experience, the last 13 of which have been full-time.
I began working for myself back in 2006, and have not looked back since.
I live in County Durham, in the North-East of England, with my pregnant wife, and five year old son.
My experience includes, but is not limited to the following;
– System design, requirement gathering, testing and deployment
– PHP & MySQL (including Lumen, Laravel and Slim frameworks)
– JavaEE & the Spring Framework
– GIT, Gitlab Continuous Integration, Docker
– Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Windows Server
– RESTful and RPC based web services in both Java and PHP
My years of experience have enabled me to work on a varied range of projects, including;
– Bespoke Content management systems
– Learning Management Systems
– Lead Management Systems
– Digital Asset Managers
– Web services for mobile applications
– Admin interfaces
– Static and dynamic websites
– Email newsletters
– Landing pages (for data collection)
– Web based reporting systems (Eclipse recruitment software)
– Cost calculator tools
– Live manufacturing reporting tools
I’ve had the pleasure of working on projects for some really great companies, including;
– Jack Daniel’s
– Capita Children’s Services
– Capita SIMS
– Capita Pay360
– AVG Anti-Virus
– Birmingham City Football Club
– National Locums Recruitement
– and many, many small to medium North-East businesses
In 2016 I enrolled to study a Master’s Degree in Computer (Software Engineerings) with the Open University whilst also working as a full-time developer. I am due to complete in 2019. In the meantime I have successfully completed the modules required for the Post Graduate Certificate in Computing (Software Engineer).
When I’m not working I enjoy watching Formula 1, BTTC, Football, spending time with the family, DIY, and model car racing.